STUDENT OF THE MONTH (SOTM)
By initiating the student of the Month Program, the school hopes to celebrate individual achievement by creating a culture of learning that values academic success, as well as elevates the awareness of student contributions to the Al Wisam school community at large. Monthly, a student from each grade level is chosen as the student of the month based on a set of criteria that is predetermined and collaboratively selected by teachers.
The criteria for the selection include:
- Academic Performance -- including grades, class participation, completion of assignments * Improvement in or good grades (not necessarily “A”),
- Character -- displays one/some or all of the following: adaptability, compassion, contemplation, honesty, initiative, loyalty, optimism, perseverance, respect, responsibility, and trustworthiness. Demonstrates responsibility,
- Behavior -- obeys rules, shows respect to peers and authority, well mannered; includes behavior both inside and outside of the classroom and has not received any referrals or has gone a certain length of time with improved behavior and has not acquired additional referrals. Over all Attitude toward others and learning,
- Effort -- works hard and is persistent,
- Social Relationship-- displays leadership, willingness to help peers, shows respect to others. Good citizenship or improvement in citizenship. Respectful to peers and teachers,
- Attendance -- attends school regularly and arrives to school and classes on time or displays a positive improvement in attendance.