Model United Nations is a simulation of the real United Nations. In this subject students will have a real experience of the in’s and out’s of the United Nations; discuss stimulating topics that have global significance. They will also learn how to be a delegate of one country collaborating with other delegates in writing a resolution. They will also debate on particular issues which will enhance their line of reasoning and communication skills.
The course is designed to support students in becoming
- confident in working with information and ideas – their own and those of others.
- responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others.
- reflective as students, developing their ability to learn.
- innovative and equipped for new and future challenges.
- engaged intellectually and socially, ready to make a difference.
Al Wisam School hosted its first annual MUN conference in March of 2016. The event was a one day conference in which the students debated major issues such as “Child Marriage” and “Protection of migrants.” The students formed an MUN committee that was made to plan and organize the whole event. The success of the first annual MUN session is a reflection of the hard work and dedication of the organizing committee and the participants.