1. Be age appropriate for entry to the grade level for which they are applying for.
2. Be enrolled into the previous grade level of that the one that they have applied for, with the expectation of completing the year and being successfully promoted at the end of the school year (for those applying for Grade 2 and above)
3. Students applying to the school for grades 9 & 10 will be entering into the school’s IGCSE programme and before starting the application process should book a meeting with the IGCSE Coordinator and College Counselor (compulsory) with regards to the programme overview, course selection and Graduation Credit Requirements.
4. Students applying to the school for grades 11 will be entering into the school’s two year A level programme and before starting the application process should book a meeting with the A level Coordinator and College Counselor (compulsory) with regards to the programme overview, course selection and Graduation Credit Requirements
5. Students applying to the school for either Grades 10 or 11 and do not fulfill the AWS Credit Requirements may be declined entry or may only be eligible to take the Local High school Diploma in Grades 11 and 12
6. With the exception of rare cases, the school does not accept applications of admission for Grade 12.
7. Students applying from the British school system, will be placed into the rightful grade level accordingly.
- Students of Nursery- KG2 must be toilet trained to attend the applicable grade level at Al Wisam.
- Nursery students must obtain a medical report stating they are fit to join a regular school.
- Applicants of KG1 through to Grade 11 will sit for an admission/placement test to determine their level.
- An interview is an integral part of the admission process.
- The placement test is designed to reveal 3 things to the school and to the parents:
1. Is the student able to enter the British Diploma program?
2. What grade level should the student be placed in?
3. Should the student be admitted into the school under conditions of probation and with tutoring services in place?
• Grades 1-5 admission/placement test (Primary): Students are tested in English, Arabic (for Arab nationals and passport holders) and Math skills. Students must pass with a 50% to demonstrate the minimum required skills for admission. The evaluators will explain the test and read the instructions (grade 1- 2 only) before the student starts. If a student shows nervousness, then the evaluator can support the student by reading the questions one on one (Pre-school to grade 1 only).
• Grades 6-12 entrance exam (MS/HS): Students are tested in English, Arabic (for Arab nationals and passport holders) and Math skills. Students must pass with a 50% to demonstrate the minimum required skills for admission. The evaluators will not explain the test nor will they read the instructions before the student starts.
• Evaluators will take note of any abnormal behaviour shown by the student such as excessive motion, or abnormal reflexes to images, inability to articulate themselves through speech, inability to demonstrate understanding of instructions, lack of motion, inability to concentrate on the task, lack of eye contact, aggressive behavior. Such behaviour will be noted and discussed with the Learning Support personnel before a final decision is concluded.
Note: Registration are to be closed as per the Bahrain MOE directives after the beginning of the academic semester; exceptions are only made for special cases obtained from the Bahrain MOE.